Join the YAYA Team
YAYA Outreach & Events Manager
YAYA seeks a creative and energetic professional to oversee our community outreach, marketing, and events. YAYA is a non-profit organization that empowers creative young people through training in the arts and entrepreneurship, and the Arts Center serves as a hub for creative activities in our neighborhood and across the city. YAYA’s core program is the YAYA Guild, which provides intensive, multi-year after-school arts and professional training for teens. Other programs include after-school and weekend arts workshops for children ages 5-12 and their families; public workshops in schools and at local festivals and events; hosting field trips for students of all ages; public glass demos and open houses at the Arts Center; and fee-based classes in glass, ceramics, and mixed media that help support our free programs.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about our mission to provide arts education to creative young people, as well as building the profile of the organization and bringing new audiences to YAYA. This role includes strategic community outreach, including participation in community meetings; facilitation of special events; coordination of sales opportunities and events featuring work made at YAYA; and participation in the development of new programs and special projects. We are looking for someone who can represent YAYA to all our different stakeholders, including youth, parents, community members, customers and supporters, and who can tailor our messaging to each of our audiences. The Outreach & Events Manager should be self-starter who can independently manage multi-faceted projects, as well as collaborate closely with YAYA’s staff and Board of Directors on an overall strategic vision and communications plan for the organization.
Community Outreach and Marketing
- Serve as YAYA’s primary liaison with external audiences, including youth and parents, our neighbors in Central City, local schools, participants in our fee-based programs, the arts and education communities, and donors.
- Create and disseminate communications materials for the audiences listed above, including flyers, email blasts, e-newsletters, and social media announcements.
- Attend community meetings and build strategic partnerships with neighborhood organizations.
- Manage & plan community engagement (e.g. hospitality for neighborhood residents, special community-focused workshops, outreach and communications)
- Grow and manage YAYA’s volunteer program, with an emphasis on engaging Central City residents.
- Manage and steward YAYA’s Advisory Council
- Work with YAYA’s Executive Director and Board Marketing Committee on rebranding the organization’s materials and communications plan, including an upcoming overhaul of yayainc.com.
Events and Public Programming
- Oversee all special events at the YAYA Arts Center, including the Just Say YAYA gala, Brass ‘n Glass, and other cultivation and community events. This includes creating work plans and overseeing all logistics for events, as well as supporting the Executive Director, Board, and Event Chairs with ticket sales and sponsorships for fundraising events.
- Work with the Glass Studio Manager to promote public programs in the glass studio, including monthly demonstrations/open houses and fee-based glass classes; collaborate with YAYA Staff on a long-term vision for fee-based classes.
- Manage all of YAYA’s offsite events, including participation in the Arts Market and other festivals and events.
- Manage YAYA’s Gore Family Fund Gallery, including tracking inventory and managing sales.
- Secure and manage “YA Spots,” which are off-site locations that feature YAYA artwork.
- Manage and facilitate Arts Center rentals and use of the campus by community groups.
- Work with the Executive Director on giving campaigns, including GiveNOLA Day.
- Work closely with the YAYA Guild, our teen artists, to engage them in event planning and execution, as well as marketing, to ensure that our youth is at the center of all of YAYA’s activities.
- Partner with Senior Director of Programs and Glass Studio Manager to facilitate commissioned artworks and public projects.
- Assist with development and implementation of new programs as needed, in collaboration with Senior Director of Programs.
Qualifications and Skills
- At least 3 years of experience in the arts, arts administration, education, and/or communications
- Experience managing large-scale events, such as galas or public programs
- Excellent written and oral communications skills; ability to interact with all of the audiences that YAYA serves
- Knowledge of Microsoft office software; basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite preferred
- Ability to work as a part of a team while working independently on projects to meet multiple deadlines
The Outreach & Events Manager is a 40-hour/week position, including some evening and weekend events. Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits include health insurance and three weeks paid vacation. Target hire date is late July. YAYA is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No calls, please.